Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Don't Worry About It

The story that interested me the most out of our summer reading was Nadine Gordimer's "Once upon a Time". I think the family in the dream perfectly shows why worrying too much is bad. I try to tell my classmates and parents this all the time, if you worry about bad things happening to you, its more likely that they will happen, only because you're worried about it. Hence my motto," Don't Worry About It". The family in the story lived in a nice neighborhood, where safety wasn't really an issue. But, the worrisome parents decided that they needed gates and a whole bunch of stuff to be even further protected. In the end, their son is killed by the very gate that was supposed to protect them. That's right, he isn't killed by the supposedly dangerous outside world, but by the gate his parents installed. Moral of the story, if you don't look for a problem, then there isn't one.

No comments:

Post a Comment